- Using a photo editor, crop a picture of the birthday boy or girl into a circle about 1" to 1.5" in diameter.
- Embellish the image by adding border(s), text, etc
- Copy and stamp the image so that you can get as many as desired/possible onto a single sheet.
- Print directly onto white cardstock, or print onto paper and affix to cardstock using a gluestick. (Prevents wrinkling.)
- Cut out circles.
- Attach each circle to a toothpick using a hot glue gun.
- Insert into top of cupcake.
- Bake butter cookies in letter shapes that correspond to the birthday boy or girl's initials.
- Decorate the cookies with royal icing and sprinkles.
- Place onto frosted cupcakes.
Merry Kitchen (extras): cookie cutter set